FIRE HYDRANT FLUSHING PROGRAM
As part of ongoing planned improvements that are taking place throughout the City of Riviera Beach Utility Special District’s water distribution system, this notice is to inform affected residents, business owners, and other stakeholders that there will be flushing of water mains via fire hydrants throughout the Gramercy Park Neighborhood within the geographic boundaries shown in red on the map below:
These planned flushing activities will take place as follows: Beginning Tuesday, September 7, 2021, and concluding approximately two weeks later, occurring between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:30 pm. Areas that are adjacent to the Gramercy Park Neighborhood to include: Saddlebrook Apartments, the Landings at West Palm Beach, Lake Arjaro Apartments, and Premier Park will not experience flushing activities.
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE COMMON DURING THE FLUSHING PROCESS:
1. THE WATER MAY BE DISCOLORED BUT IS SAFE TO DRINK.
2. A DROP IN WATER PRESSURE MAY OCCUR, THEREBY CONSUMERS ARE ASKED TO LIMIT WATER USAGE DURING THE DURATION OF THE EVENT.
3. THE WATER WILL LIKELY APPEAR CLOUDY AS PIPES ARE BEING FLUSHED.
4. IT IS ADVISABLE TO AVOID WASHING CLOTHES, ESPECIALLY WHITE FABRICS UNTIL THE WATER RUNS CLEAR. IF ANY RUST STAINS APPEAR ON YOUR WET LAUNDRY, DO NOT DRY YOUR CLOTHES. SIMPLY RUN THE COLD WATER IN YOUR HOME OR AT A HOSE UNTIL IT IS CLEAR AND THEN WASH CLOTHING AGAIN.
ONCE THE FLUSHING PROCESS IS COMPLETE:
5. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT CUSTOMERS RUN COLD WATER IN THEIR HOMES AND BUSINESSES FOR 5 – 15 MINUTES TO RESTORE CLEAR WATER.
6. SINCE WATER FOR HOT WATER TANKS IS REPLENISHED FROM COLD WATER, PLEASE AVOID USING HOT WATER SO THAT THE CLOUDY WATER DOES NOT ENTER THE HOT WATER TANK.
7. CUSTOMERS WITH A WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM OR WATER FILTER, SHOULD NOT CHOOSE A TAP THAT HAS A WATER FILTER CONNECTED TO IT AS SEDIMENT MAY CLOG FILTERS.
Should customers experience an interruption of water, or the water is discolored or cloudy after flushing has ended, please contact the Utility Special District’s Administration Office between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at (561) 845-4185. The after-hours number is 561-845-4187.
In the meanwhile, inquiries for additional information are welcomed and encouraged. Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result of these improvements.