The Ferguson Waterworks group through their Sub-contractor UWS, Inc. will be conducting a jobs fair at City Hall on January 15, 2019 from 9am till 5pm. The purpose of this job fair is to offer residents of the City of Riviera Beach an employment opportunity to assist in the replacement of all water meters within the service area of the Utility Special District.
Wages paid for the installation of these meters will be based on a per meter installed by size, i.e.;
- $11.50 per residential meter installed (5/8” by ¾” & 1”) with a minimum installation rate of 20 per day.
- $60.00 per commercial meter installed (1-1/2” & 2”).
The job requirements for hiring is as follows:
- Basic plumbing knowledge is necessary and required
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving history.
- Must be willing to work in outdoor environments.
- Clean criminal record.
- Perform daily start up procedures.
- Remove and install Water Meters for Residential, Commercial & Industrial Customers.
- Work efficiently, while maintaining a good relationship with Utility Special District Customers.
- Accurate record keeping of inventory and work orders.
- Proficiently navigate using GPS or paper maps as needed.
- Respond to occasional on call emergency repairs.