The City of Riviera Beach will continue to monitor the emergence of COVID-19. We remain vigilant and are taking steps to keep our residents, visitors, businesses and employees safe and informed. The City is working closely with local, state and federal officials related to the spread of COVID-19. We are in constant communications with the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure we are taking all the necessary steps and precautions. To ensure you have the latest information and guidance, we recommend visiting the CDC and the Florida Department of Health websites.
View current and past updates:
Listing files in 'Coronavirus Updates'
Monday, April 6, 2020
The city will be completely remote. As a result of this further modified schedule, only critical operations of the utility special district, public works fleet operations, police department, and fire department will remain operational. The city will re-evaluate staffing modification and levels of operations within the next thirty (30) days.
Monday, March 30, 2020
All City facilities, with the exception of the Police Department lobby, will be temporarily closed to the public. Accordingly, we are encouraging all persons to conduct business with the City via telephone, email communications or other digital means. These closures are necessary to reduce the continual expansion of COVID-19 statewide.
The City of Riviera Beach has declared a local state of emergency. This declaration affords additional latitudes and flexibilities s for city staff to respond to the public's concerns associated with the pandemic caused by the coronavirus COVID-19.
City Facilities Closed Until Further Notice
All Recreation Centers, to include:
- Wells/Calloway Recreation Centers
- Barracuda Bay Aquatic Park
- Lindsey Davis Center (drive-up meal service for seniors will remain.
- Restroom facilities at public parks
- Riviera Beach Public Library
- Brooks Community Center
Meetings & Events
- All city- sponsored and cosponsored events have been postponed.
- Rentals and events that are scheduled to occur inside city facilities have been postponed. They can be rescheduled, or a full refund will be remitted to the individual/agency that secured the facility.
- Special event permits will not be issued
- All boards, advisory boards, special magistrate, and committees have been postponed.
- All meetings with external parties are to be conducted electronically, utilizing services such as GoToMeeting, Skype, FaceTime, etc.
Get City Business Done
We strongly encourage people to utilize electronic and telephonic communications with city staff to conduct city business.